- Step 1. Follow Georgia Real Estate License General Requirements
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Pass a background check.
- Be at least 18 years old in order to become licensed in Georgia. If you are 17, you may sit for the exam, however, the license cannot be activated until you are 18.
- Step 2. Follow Georgia Real Estate License Education Requirements - Enroll Today.
You must meet ONE of the following Georgia real estate license educational requirements:
- Successfully complete the required 75-hour Salesperson Pre-license Course at a school approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission, OR
- Successfully complete a minimum of 10 quarter hours or six semester hours of coursework eligible for a major in real estate from a U.S. or Canadian accredited college or university or successfully complete a course in real property, agency, or contracts from a U.S. or Canadian accredited school of law, OR
• Once you have completed your education requirements, you must submit your official transcript from the college, university, or school of law with your application for examination to Applied Measurement Professionals (not the Commission). Continuing education adult education, crash seminars and special short courses are not acceptable. AMP will notify you whether your coursework is acceptable.
- Alternatively, you may provide proof you completed at least 75 hours of pre-license course work approved by the real estate regulatory agency of another state or province of Canada. Be sure to obtain a letter from the agency that verifies that the course work is approved in that state or province.
- In the first year of your licensure as a salesperson, you must take a 25-hour salesperson post-license course. If you don't complete the post-license course during the first year, your license will lapse.
- Step 3: Follow Georgia Real Estate License Exam Requirements.
- Register for the examination administered by Applied Measurement Professionals and approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
- Pay the examination fee of $115.
- Successfully pass the exam.
- Apply for your license within 12 months of the date you took the exam; if 12 months have passed, you must retake the exam.
Learn what's required for your Real Estate License in Georgia
This real estate licensing information summarizes the minimum requirements established by the Georgia Real Estate Commission. We recommend you contact the Georgia Real Estate Commission for more detailed information or changes.
If you obtain real estate licenses in multiple states, we recommend you check each state's requirements.
Note: This license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It's ultimately the responsibility of the licensee to be sure that he or she is meeting all requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period.