Why ICD-10-CM Coding training at Allied Schools?
Attention medical coders, HIM staff, physicians and other health care professionals: are you prepared for the implementation of ICD-10-CM codes? Now's the time to plan ahead. Whether you are new or currently working in the medical industry, everyone will be affected by the new coding system, which will go from 13,000 to 68,000 codes. In fact, new guidelines and coding rules and will mean industry-wide changes. Make sure you're prepared to meet the challenge with Allied's online, self-paced medical coding course.
Convenient Online ICD-10-CM Online Course
Learn from the convenience of home, on your terms. Allied's online ICD-10-CM Comprehensive Coding training course is centered on your needs. Create a study schedule that works for you and progress at your own pace. When you choose to learn online, you complete your course when and where you want with an education tailored to your needs. Forget travel time, parking fees and set class hours. Online learning puts you in charge!
Superior Online Course Materials
There's no need to go anywhere else. Allied provides the in-depth materials you need so that you can truly learn the new coding concepts. From a state-of-the-art textbook to detailed online lessons and assignments, you'll build the knowledge base you need. Upon completion of the ICD-10 course, you'll be prepared to take the next step. Allied's ICD-10 Comprehensive Coding and Anatomy and Physiology courses will help you meet new industry-wide standards and keep your health care career on track.
Personalized Student Support
Need one-on-one assistance? You can talk to a live person when you call during regular business hours. Our helpful Allied reps know the ICD-10 training material and can assist with any course questions or technical issues. They're also available to provide support and encouragement. Your success is a mirror of our success and we support you every step of the way.
Call (888) 501-7686 today and make the choice to partner with a school that cares about your success.
Attention existing medical coders -
Want to make a smooth transition from ICD-9 codes to the internationally-recognized ICD-10-CM coding system? Your medical career requires you to meet new ICD-10-CM coding standards by October 1, 2014.
Allied's online ICD-10-CM Comprehensive Training Course prepares students to understand and apply the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, 2010 version. Understand the similarities and differences between ICD-10-CM and ICD-9-CM, including chapter-specific changes and coding conventions and guidelines.
Upon successfully completing Allied's online ICD-10-CM course, you will be prepared to successfully pass the required ICD-10-CM proficiency exam required by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) in order to maintain your professional coding credentials.
ICD-10-CM Prep Materials Include:
- Live student support
- Textbooks/Learning Resources
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-PCS, Second Edition Textbook
- ICD-10-CM Draft, 2010
- 1 introduction, 23 modules
- Textbooks reading, online lessons
- Online module quizzes & final exam
- Anatomy and Physiology Course
Anatomy and Physiology Course
With the impending transition to the ICD-10 coding system and implementation of electronic health records, this course helps students prepare for the increase in diagnosis and procedure codes with a refreshed foundation with the latest Anatomy & Physiology terms.
The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) has approved our Anatomy and Physiology course for 8 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) in Clinical Medicine. Certified Medical Transcriptionists (CMTs) must earn a minimum of 30 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) in the required categories every three years.
Anatomy and Physiology Course Materials Include:
- Live Student Support
- The Human Body in Health & Disease, Fifth Edition Textbook
- 14 Online Interactive Lessons
- Reading Assignments, Quizzes and Unit Exams
- Online Module Quizzes & Final Exam
Course Learning Objectives Include:
- Terms and acronyms associated with diagnoses
- General structure and characteristics of the ICD-10-CM code set
- Structure and contents of the ICD-10-CM Tabular List
- Organization and classification within all 21 chapters of ICD-10-CM
- Changes in ICD-9-CM compared to ICD-10-CM
- Training issues associated with ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- Applying the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Guidelines to code services from all 21 chapters of ICD-10-CM
- Codes for diseases and conditions affecting all organ systems
- ICD-10-CM coding conventions
- Importance of increased specificity of clinical documentation in order to assign ICD-10-CM codes correctly
- Organization and structure of ICD-10-PCS
Call (888) 501-7686 to get ICD-10 Training started today – we have just what you need to create a valuable foundation of medical knowledge.